Episode 1: Decrypting Encrypted & A Bitcoin 10 Year Anniversary Special!
By Ahmed Al-Balaghi — Member of FinTech Connector / Dubai
My name is Ahmed Al-Balaghi and I am one of the Fintech Community Partners in Dubai. Focusing most of my time in the world of crypto and blockchain, I have an exciting announcement for you all! I have launched a podcast called Encrypted which is dedicated to all things crypto and blockchain.
Being the first podcast in the MENA dedicated to Blockchain, the aim is to showcase what is happening in the world of blockchain from the Emerging Market regions; from regional and global news to interviews with innovators and enablers themselves, Encrypted aims to offer a different perspective as well as educational content to help crypto become mainstream.
Hear our first episode which explains our motivations of why we created Encrypted, the people behind the podcast and also delving in our first topic; bitcoin, the reason why everything started in the first place!
You can tune in at anytime through here, https://encrypted.fireside.fm and I will be publishing weekly episodes!
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Ahmed and Aniket sit down to introduce the motivations behind the Encrypted podcast and discuss all things bitcoin on the back of its fast approaching 10-year anniversary!
If you are new to the space, they will help you to unwrap what bitcoin actually is by discussing the following:
- Why bitcoin exists and how it emerged
- 2 analogies to help you understand how bitcoin works
- Clearing misconceptions – Is bitcoin only used by criminals? Does bitcoin = blockchain? How many times has bitcoin been hacked?!?!?!
- Breaking down private and public keys and wallets
They also discuss the incidents, both good and bad, in bitcoin’s 10-year history, including:
- Crypto adoption rapidly increasing as blockchain.info, a free wallet provider, announces 25 million downloads of its wallet.
- Bitcoin is legal in over 106 countries and legal tender in Japan, meaning people can use bitcoin as a currency to purchase goods.
- The challenge of scaling bitcoin and how the community has responded so far.
- The bitcoin fork which resulted in Bitcoin Cash’s existence and the implications of this.
All of the above and more will be on this week’s episode of Encrypted!
Having trouble with the audio player above or you want to subscribe to this weekly podcast then visit Encrypted using the following link - https://encrypted.fireside.fm/episode-1-decrypting-encrypted-bitcoin-special